As the new school year gets underway, high school students are starting to narrow down where they want to go to college. With so many options to choose from, a new list from “U.S. News & World Report” may help.
- The magazine’s 2024 Best Colleges list is now out.
- They compared more than 15-hundred colleges and universities in the U.S. on 19 measures of academic quality.
- The Best National University is once again Princeton University, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology in second and Harvard University and Stanford University tie for third.
- Williams College has been named the Best National Liberal Arts College once again
- The Top National University for Social Mobility - meaning it’s the school that best serves underrepresented students - is California State University, Long Beach.
1- Princeton University (NJ)
2- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MA)
3- Harvard University (MA) (tie)
3- Stanford University (CA) (tie)
5- Yale University (CT)
6- University of Pennsylvania (PA)
7- California Institute of Technology (tie) (CA)
7- Duke University (tie) (NC)
9- Brown University (tie) (RI)
9- Johns Hopkins University (tie) (MD)
9- Northwestern University (tie) (IL)
1. Williams College (MA)
2. Amherst College (MA)
3. United States Naval Academy (MD)
Top Public Schools:
1. University of California, Berkeley (tie)
1. University of California, Los Angeles (tie)
3. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. United States Naval Academy (MD)
2. United States Air Force Academy (CO)
3. United States Military Academy at West Point (NY)
Check out the complete lists here
Source: U.S. News & World Report