A new report from Allianz Partners reveals where Americans will be escaping to this summer, both in the U.S. and abroad. The travel insurance and assistance company analyzed more than 1.6-million travel itineraries booked for travel from Memorial Day to Labor Day to find out just where everyone is going.
- Topping the list for the top destination in the U.S. is Orlando, Florida.
- The number one international destination is Cancun, Mexico.
- The research finds that the highest volume of travelers going abroad are leaving on Saturdays, May 27th, June 10th and June 17th.
- Saturday, July 1st is the most popular departure date for domestic trips.
The Top 10 Domestic Destinations for 2023
- Orlando, Florida
- Seattle, Washington
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Kahului, Hawaii
- New York, New York
- Los Angeles, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Miami, Florida
- Portland, Oregon
The Top 5 International Destinations for 2023
- Cancun, Mexico
- San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Oranjestad, Aruba
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
Source: Yahoo Finance